Playgroups are informal and relaxed weekly get togethers of mums, dads, grandparents, carers, children and babies. At playgroup families have the opportunity to connect with each other families in their local communities, to share parenting knowledge, seek advice and gain valuable support.
At playgroup we:
- Value play and have fun
- Respect and value difference
- Participate and share
- Feel safe and secure
- Encourage not discourage
Playgroup helps children:
- participate in new experiences
- develop and increase their social skills
- learn about sharing, cooperation and simple routines
- interact with other adults and children in a safe environment
- learn more about their world
- have fun.
Playgroup helps adults:
- meet other local families and develop new friendships
- relax and talk in a friendly environment
- share experiences and ideas
- play with children and nurture their development
- make connections in their local community
- have fun.
With over 1000 playgroup sessions each week, you are sure to find a Playgroup Queensland-affiliated playgroup in your area. Playgroups all over Queensland have vacancies for new families just like you. To join in a playgroup, you can become a member of Playgroup Queensland or take advantage of our two free play sessions first to see what playgroup suits your family. To find the right playgroup for you search here.